- You will play a key role in designing, developing and maintaining the backend system that powers our e-commerce and payment platform
- You will work closely with our front-end engineers to connect data pipelines to our user-facing platform and other presentation layers
- You will tackle technology and data problems – how do we continuously improve our handling, processing, and presentation of data?
- You will develop for scale, building scalable micro-services
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Collaborate with other team members
- Write developer documentation
- Write unit test cases and integration tests
- Document best practices for how to extend our products/features
- Optimise backend services for maximum speed and scalability
- 2+ years software development experience
- Experience building backend services in NestJS
- API design and implementation experience
- Program mostly in TypeScript and continuously work towards improving your own and your team’s skills
- Proficiency in handling data stored in both relational and non-relational database management systems
- You enjoy reviewing and documenting code, pair programming, and get excited about improving tools and processes
- You’re a proficient communicator and have excellent written and verbal English.
- You have a passion for eCommerce!
- You’re comfortable working remotely
- Have experience in platform engineering work such as creating CI/CD pipelines and understand common deployment patterns
- Experience with Terraform and Vault
Our Tech Stack
- Backend: NestJs (NodeJs/Express)
- Database: MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Github Actions, CircleCI
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Startup experience
- Experience building a product from scratch
- E-commerce experience
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at email@example.com
- Include the role's title in your subject line.
- Send along your CV and any other links/documents you think we might find relevant!